AquaForest MarinLab 1 test envelop uses the Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrometry (ICP-OES) method for the analysis of sea water
The sample supplied is plasma sprayed at 8 °C. The substances to be analyzed are quantified via an optical emission spectrometer (OES).
It offers analysis for many macros and trace elements crucial to the health of your reef aquarium:
Li, Si, I, Ba, Mo, Ni, Mn, Be, Cr, Co, Fe, V, Zn, Hg, Se, Cd, Sn, Sb, As, Al, PB, Ti, Cu, La, Sc, W, Na, Ca, Mg, K, Br, B, Sr,S, P, PO4 + Salinity + KH!
There are two test kits at Marinlab, the one-tube for the aquarium water and the test with two tubes; one for aquarium water and another for your RO.
Marinlab kit content
- A plastic envelope containing enough to do the analysis. To open gently, it will serve for the shipping of the test. It already has the ship address (shipping costs to the lab are not included)
- One tube, labeled with a number, plastic with cap.
- An explanatory sheet
Steps for using the Marinlab analysis kit
Once the Marinlab kit bought (the price of the kit included the cost of the tests), follow the steps:
- Create an account online at http://marinlab.com (after selecting the English or Polish language). You will receive a confirmation email, before the first connexion.
- Rinse the tubes twice in the aquarium you want to test and fill the tube with the salt water. Tightly close the tube with the supplied cap.
- In your Marinlab online account, enter the number on the tube (Add new sample) after creating your ‘aquarium’ (Add new tank).
- Place the sample tube in the envelope and postage before shipping.
- You will receive an Email when the test is complete. Log in to your account to view and retrieve the results.
Delays between sending and results during this test:
- Between box mailing and email for analysisl availability to be upload: 10 days
Once received the availability email, you can log on to the Marinlab website.
If you already have made analysis by Marinlab, you have the history and will be able to select the test.