Miracle Mud Marine continuously replenishes the mineral and trace element concentration of the aquarium water
Miracle Mud Marine is comprised of up to 80% oceanic mud, harvested from deep waters, and is then dried on land. The remaining 20% is a formulation of minerals and trace elements that make Miracle Mud a true “MIRACLE.” The mineral and trace element composition is as follows:
Aluminum, antimony, barium, beryllium, bismuth, boron, bromine, cadmium, calcium, cerium, cesium, chromium, chloride, cobalt, dysprosium, erbium, europium, fluorine, gadolinium, gallium, germanium, gold, hafnium, holmium, indium, iodine, iridium, iron, lanthanum, lithium, lutetium, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, neodymium, nickel, niobium, osmium, palladium, phosphorus, platinum, potassium, praseodymium, rhodium, rubidium, ruthenium, rhenium, samarium, selenium, silicon, silver, sodium, strontium, sulfur, tantalum, tellurium, terbium, thallium, thorium, thulium, tin, titanium, tungsten, vanadium, ytterbium, yttrium, zinc, zirconium.
- Miracle Mud continuously replenishes the mineral and trace element concentration of the aquarium water, creating the ideal environment for fish, corals and other invertebrates.
- Miracle Mud ensures an environment so healthy that it dramatically reverses the effects of head and lateral line erosion (HLLE).
- Miracle Mud creates an environment so healthy that even a novice aquarist can have his or her own reef aquarium showpiece, such as the aquarium in the pictures shown below! This reef aquarium (predominantly stony corals) requires additional supplementation of minerals and trace elements, as described in the ECO Balling Method. Other types of reef aquariums (soft coral-dominated) will receive sufficient amounts of minerals and trace elements from the Miracle Mud, which is what makes Miracle Mud so unique, and makes keeping and maintaining a reef aquarium so simple! Anyone can have a beautiful reef aquarium regardless of his or her level of experience!
- Miracle Mud Marine makes an ideal and highly efficient denitrifying refugium filter, leading to a pristine environment for fish, corals and other invertebrates. The fine consistency of Miracle Mud produces distinct aerobic and anaerobic layers that enable it to be both an excellent nitrifier, as well as a denitrifier.
a. Miracle Mud Marine is the most ECONOMICAL refugium filter substrate to use if the goal is to remove nitrate from the system water! Unlike other refugium substrates on the market that will need at least 6 inches (15 cm) of deep sand bed (DSB) to achieve denitrification, Miracle Mud only requires a 1-inch (2.5 cm) deep layer. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Multiply the price of other products by a factor of 4 to 6!
b. Unlike other refugium substrates on the market, Miracle Mud Marine will NOT lead to any potentially serious problems, such as “old tank syndrome” or a “nutrient sink,” as happens with most DSBs. These problems can lead to an imbalance in the aquatic environment (i.e., persistent high levels of phosphate and nitrate, as well as nuisance algal growth). The fine consistency of Miracle Mud will prevent waste materials from sinking to the bottom of the refugium substrate, as happens with other refugium substrates on the market.
c. Unlike other refugium substrates on the market, Miracle Mud Marine will continuously replenish the minerals and trace element concentration in the aquarium, so that ANYONE can set up and maintain a reef aquarium with ease.