Neptune Systems GRO Refugium Light with Pipe Mount
- Specially designed to grow macroalgaes
- Compact, rectangular shape LED light
- Works with any Apex model or standalone
- Available in two easy mounting designs
Maintaining low nutrient levels is key to a healthy and algae-free marine aquarium. Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control.
The GRO Macroalgae light is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. The GRO uses all its power to emit light in two specific wavelengths that are optimized for macroalgae growth – 455-460nm and 620-670nm. This combined with its rectangular shape mean that the right light goes right where you need it – and minimizes nuisance algae growth in other areas of your sump due to light spillage.
The Neptune Systems GRO Refugium Light plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.
- Dimensions: 22 x 15.5 x 3.5 cm (8.7″ x 6.1″ x 1.4″) (light panel itself less than 2.5cm high)
- Compact LED grow light with 84 LEDs in four colors
- IP64 water resistant
- Two focused wavelength bands (455-460nm and 620-670nm)
- Covers a refugium area up to 45x60cm (18”x24”)
- Operates standalone with the purchase of an optionally available power supply.
- Mounts using the pipe clamp for plumbing that is 25-38mm outer diameter (1″-1.5″ in outer diameter).
- Remove the GRO from the box
- Plug GRO into one of the DC24 connections on your Energy Bar 632 or,
- Plug it in a 1LINK module
- Select GRO from the tasks menu