Tunze 3181 Algae Reactor
Tunze 3181 Algae Reactor incl. pump and Refugium LED suitable for aquaria up to 600L
Tunze Macro Algae Reactor (MAR 3181) is specially constructed to cultivate algae in seawater or plants in freshwater aquaria.
TUNZE MAR 3181 can be placed in any filter basin or next to the aquarium without external filter technology.
The water circulation in the reactor ensures the rotation of the algae culture and thus reduces the number of light sources accompanied by strong plant growth. However, additional light sources can be added to the device as needed.
Chaetomorpha "Spaghetti Algae" is cultured by many marine aquarists to eliminate nitrates and phosphates from the aquatic biotope. It is absolutely sufficient to harvest a handful of algae from time to time to maintain the biological balance in an aquarium – an economical and easy alternative to many chemicals or resins.
Naja Grass, Najas guadalupensis, can be grown to purify freshwater systems, such as cichlid biotopes.
Scope of delivery:
* LED eco chic refugium 8831 9 W
* Circulation pump Comline® Pump 2500 electronic
* Turbelle Controller basic 7090.200
* Silicone hoses 2 x 2 meter lenght
For aquariums from 100 to 600 liters (25 - 160 USgal.).
Flow rate: 500 - 1,200 l/h (132 - 318 USgal.)
Energy consumption with pump: approx. 20 W
Measurements of the reactor (L x W x H): 233 x 195 x 422 mm (9.2" x 7.7" x 16.6")
With Comline® Pump 2500 electronic and Turbelle® Controller basic 7090.200.
Functions of the TUNZE algae reactor MAR 3181:
- Cultivation of algae in seawater and plants in freshwater
- Biological detoxification of ecosystems by algae / plants
- Reduction of nitrate and phosphate content
- Filtration of the aquarium water
- Production of food supplement for fish
- Zooplankton refuge, serving as food for corals and fish
- Enrichment of the water with oxygen