VCA SPS kit is the Salinity Probe Stability Kit to get Reliable and Consistent salinity probe Readings
Monitoring Salinity in an aquarium can be a challenge, Get Reliable and Consistent Readings with the SPS Kit
One of the biggest challenges with conductivity probes is getting a consistent reading. Many times, the reading is fouled by small bubbles or debris getting on to the probes end. The SPS – Salinity Probe Stability Kit Solves the Problem.
Easy to use – Consistent Readings
Simply attach the SPS Kit over the end of the probe, connect the 1/4in supply line to a small pump such as a Neptune PMUP, or
SICCE 340 l/hr Micra, or even an open port on your manifold.
The VCA SPS Kit is carefully designed to create just the right amount
of water movement and positive pressure around the tip of the probe to provide a consistent and reliable reading. It will also actively shield the probe from micro bubbles and debris by preventing them from getting in.
FOR THE BEST RESULTS:
Pair the SPS Kit with a pump capable of providing 225 to 340 l/hr
– Neptune PMUP
– SICCE Micra 340 l/hr
What’s in the VCA SPS kit?
- SPS Probe Shield Housing
- SPS Pressure Screen
- Stem Spacer
- 1/4in quick-connect compression fitting
- 86cm (34in) length of 1/4in (OD) RO Hose
- SICCE Micra 1/4in Hose Adapter (not shown)
- While supporting the Pressure Screen (B), carefully insert the end of the probe (F) through the top of the SPS Kit Housing (A).
- Gently push the probe in until it stops against the Pressure Screen.
- Connect the 1/4in supply line (E) to the push fitting (D)
- Connect the end of the supply line to the flow source
- Place the Probe with the SPS Kit installed into the water and turn on the flow source
- First – Gently shake the assembly up and down to dislodge any air bubbles that may be trapped inside.
- Next – Cover the opening at the bottom of the SPS Kit with you finger for a few seconds to expel any reaming air or bubble that may be trapped.
The settle in period will generally last a few minutes to as much as an hour. Once settled in, your reading will level out and you should see a steady trend line.