KH Director, black Automated Alkalinity Monitoring and Control
The upkeep of Alkalinity is the most important aspect of reef keeping, stability is key. If you’re looking to achieve exceptional coral growing conditions, Alkalinity testing is a must!
Keep it steady with the new KH Director. Monitor, maintain, and control Alkalinity with ease.
KH Director® – Features:
* Lab-grade KH measurement accuracy. Measure your Alkalinity with lab-grade accuracy. With only a 100 ml water sample, KH Director® can provide measurement values with 0.1° dKH accuracy.
* User-adjustable test sample volume. In practice, an accuracy of 0.1° dKH is not always necessary. KH Director offers the option to reduce the test sample volume for each test. An accuracy of approx. 0.2° dKH can still be achieved with a smaller water sample.
* Measurements per day adjustable. If the KH value does not fluctuate strongly the number of measurements can be reduced.
* Higher accuracy and saftey provided by additional valves. Test your Alkalinity with confidence and consistency. Built-in valves ensure exacly the same measurement conditios and prevent the sample liquid from flowing back into the aquarium, even in the unlikely event of a fault.
* Cost-effective and safe reagent fluid. Each test requires only 1 – 3 ml per measurement.
* Automated Data-logging. Examine past test results, catch sudden KH swings, and fine-tune your KH dosing with help from automated data logging.
* Automated liquid supply. Automatic supply of KH-boosting liquids. Depending on the method one or more additional dosing pumps required.
* Calcium reactor control Alternatively, the KH value can also be influenced by controlling a calcium reactor.
* The on-board GHL LED logo conveniently provides color-coded status indicators. The various colors show you the condition of your system at a glance.
White = Configuration mode
Blue = Normal operation
Green = Amount of liquid in a fluid container is OK
Yellow = Warning threshold – fluid container(s) are running low
Red = Alarm threshold – fluid container(s) are empty
* myGHL cloud accessible. Access the KHD through the myGHL® cloud service – via GHL Doser 2 / 2.1 or ProfiLux 3 / 3.1 / 4.
* Seamless integration w/ GHL system. Through the use of the PAB (ProfiLux Aquatic Bus) connection, KH Director® seamlessly integrates into the modular GHL aquarium system. The PAB connection ensures interference free communication with other GHL PAB-devices such as the GHL Doser 2.1 or the ProfiLux® 4.
* Low maintenance design. The KH Director®’s unique design makes it easy to access and maintain the included pH electrode. Calibration and replacement, made easy.
* KH value display. View your KH reading whenever, wherever you want via the ProfiLux display, ProfiLux Touch or web browser (myGHL®), additional external display unit optional.
* Robust design built in laboratory quality. Every product we build is made to last the test of time. The KH Director® is no exception. Down to the finest of details, the KH Director® is build of durable material and is corresponding laboratory requirements.
KH Director® is available in two color options: Black or white
Dimensions (mm): 220 x 150 x 75 mm (w/out pH electrode)
Dimensions (in): 8.66″ x 5.9″ x 2.95″ (w/out pH electrode)
KH Director® includes the following:
* Device with integrated measuring cell
* pH electrode, especially designed for the KHD, incl. calibration liquids
* Testing reagent 500ml
* Silicone tube 5m
* Power-supply splitter-cable
How does the KH Director® work?
The KH Director® is designed to work in conjunction with a GHL Doser 2 (2.1) Standalone or a ProfiLux® Aquarium Controller 3 or 4 with a Doser 2 Slave for operation.
The 2 inlets and 1 outlet of the KH Director connect to 3 dosing pumps on the Doser 2 (2.1). These 3 pumps are then responsible for accurately transferring fluid to and from the KH Director.
A sample of the aquarium water is first sent to the KH Director®. Subsequently, the KH value is determined precisely with slow addition of a further liquid (reagent) and measurement of the pH value.
The sample water is then pumped out again and collected in a separate container for later disposal.
What are the costs for reagent and pH electrode?
Here at GHL we understand the importance of on-going costs involved with automated KH monitoring and control. For the KH Director it was especially important to consider these costs and develop a highly-efficient, cost-effective product. A single 1000ml bottle of reagent can last for up to 3 months when testing is performed 4x per day at a KH value of 8. The pH electrode used by the KH Director was specially designed for KH measurement and has an average lifespan of 1 – 2 years.